View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:07   #14  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
Just out of curiosity: In what .INI file and where and in what Registry key is the BD Region of information of TMT hidden? Is there a way to get more than 5 changes every reset (PowerDVD 7.3 allows 99999 changes in XP)?
It is in the same PlayDVD.ini file as the region setting itself, under the parameter name "DefaultLang". This value must match* the value "DefLang" under registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\DefaultLang].

Code:
5 changes = 0xD3A535FB
4 changes = 0xDCAB1F36
3 changes = 0xF0CC1274
2 changes = 0xAF01CEC2
1 changes = 0xBC110012
0 changes = 0
* For some reason the value normally written into the INI file is a negative 32-bit integer, even though in the registry a REG_DWORD is unsigned. For 5 changes it is -744147461, which is 0xD3A535FB. This matches the registry DWORD value and TMT is perfectly happy to accept 0xD3A535FB as the value in the INI file too, so I write it to the file for consistency.

Setting the number to greater than 5 would require figuring out the correlation between the numbers above, if there even is any, and then hoping that the program actually accepts your new value instead of reverting to 0 changes like it does with all invalid numbers. The hex values look completely arbitrary to me. A graph of them in decimal form is all over the place.

BTW, the old PowerDVD 7.3 versions can also be set to 99999 in Vista/7 with the newest version of the tool.

Quote:
I still think the tool should offer the possibility to reset the players individually and not use the "priority method." Yes, in that case, the taskbar icon cannot show the Regions of different players, but for example the icon menu or the main window could do this.
Now you can use DVDFab Region Reset for this purpose.

Quote:
> - Added command line parameters to set region code and then exit

How do you use this? The programs comes without documentation. And, if two or moreplayers are installed, how do you make sure that the right one will be reset?
I consider the first post to be the documentation. The parameters are listed there, but should I add an example usage under the "Command line parameters" heading?

Let's say BDRegionTray.exe is located on my Desktop and I want to set Region C from the command line. I could simply run:
"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\BDRegionTray.exe" C

Currently these command line options execute precisely the same functions as the hotkeys, except that the program exits afterward instead of sticking around in the tray. Therefore the change applies to all compatible players.

I think it would be fairly simple to extend the command line parameters so that you may specify which program to set, if this would be useful for you. Would you want to set more than one program from the same command line, like "P1=A T=B"? Would you prefer a different formatting instead, like "PDVD1:A TMT:B"?
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote