Old 3rd January 2006, 22:42   #55  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello all,
Hope everyone had a nice holiday.
New alpha2 is at http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/fc13alpha.zip

alpha 1 had broken parts everywhere:
  • no encode from script menu
  • the scene editor lost its edit row feature, it was really broken and took forever to find. Caused by my adding the filter help dialog. Really easy to fix though.
  • lots of little things related to focus
"DirectShowSource"
Don't you just love things that come along and stop you dead in your tracks? Why AviSynth's output is different when using DSS as compared to any other input filter is beyond me. Maybe the overall environment is different, but as things relate to FilmCutter's viewer, something is different.
@ medp7060
You wrote, "It hang." It sure do.
If you right click on the task bar button for FilmCutter twice the program will un-hang, or it does for me.

The program is halting. When the filename(the script in the editor) is loaded into the viewer, the stock windows function that performs the task never returns control to FilmCutter. My system almost always loads the file and shows me the video but never returns from preview without the hang.

The same thing is happening thought, when it loads and fails it closes the file and hangs. When it loads successfully it hangs when you close the file by switching out of preview.

When you ask for the script output properties FilmCutter uses the same functions that VirtualDub uses and they seem to be able to open and close the file without trouble.

My investigation into this will continue, but the facts support no solution at this time, except that I need a different viewer and that is another story.

Thanks again for calling this to my attention.
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote