View Single Post
Old 18th January 2006, 23:29   #1  |  Link
Dayvon
I'm Dayvon, an MP4 addict

MeGUI: General Questions and Troubleshooting Thread

As more and more people (such as myself) are venturing into the wonderful world of MeGUI and AVC codecs, I find myself running into little problems here and there. Being that it is best not to hijack the MeGUI Bug-Report Thread, it might be time to start up a general questions/troubleshooting/help thread where those with MeGUI experience can lend a hand and noobs can help each other struggle through the learning process. This way us noobs can keep out of the developers hair, and let them develop, not field each persons 20 questions and simple-settings-screw-ups.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So, to kick it all off, I just ran an encode of "The Island" through MeGUI. I used the audio, video, and muxing tool to get a MP4 file. Sounds great except the audio was out of sync So I'm not sure what happened. I think it might be a problem with my d2v rip or something, because I ran the movie a few days ago (video only) and tried to mux using YAMB with a AC3->AAC BeLight converted file, and have the same problems. I've never heard of DGIndex screw ups though. So is that the problem, or is it in the AC3->AAC conversion, or the MP4 muxing? Either way has anyone heard of audio sync problems with MeGUI using the auto-encode mode?

And more to the point, does anyone know how best to figure out how much I need to delay the audio? At this point, it might be best to demux the tracks and try to remux them with delay. I don't know, anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by Dayvon; 18th January 2006 at 23:32.
Dayvon is offline   Reply With Quote