View Single Post
Old 12th November 2012, 00:34   #895  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, nice explanation. BUT, IMO, it's too much work and a too long process to be a practical solution.

BTW, I'm currently testing the problem of the duplicate frames. I think now that the number of frames reported by all tools is correct (except eac3to that reports one frame less). For whatever reason, when I encode a single SSIF from a multi-angle MPLS, the final MKV file has one or two additional frames (dupes of the last frames). The same thing happens with DirectShowMVCSource, ssifSource2 and even DirectShowSource (on a single M2TS). But I can't see that frames when I encode the same SSIF followed by another one (with the avisynth syntax "clip1 + clip2"). Therefore, I think now that the dupe problem is not important, as there are only additional frames at the very end of the video. Not a big deal.

When decoding a "large SSIF" file produced with copy /b 1.ssif+2.ssif (or with my Join tool), but without remux, some very strange things are happening. Some frame are missing in the middle of the SSIF, but in one view only, and that causes a shift in the left/right synchro! IMO, currently, it's the worst method, probably due to the multiple start points, as you ave explained above.

I must now test your new method, but I spend too much time on that project, and I have to do other things. Not sure I'll do it soon, especially if I can't use that method in my GUI. Thanks anyway!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote