View Single Post
Old 28th February 2009, 08:35   #8421  |  Link
TruckChase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijnton View Post
Although I still don't know what is going on, I FINALLY got it working. (Knock on wood). I could find a trial version of TMT alone (not Extreme and don't ask me where) and installed it after uninstalling the retail. Then I installed the retail again on top of the trial and now everything seems o.k. TMT seems to be o.k. and not trial and version .129 and no problems with eac3to.
It seems that the retail version of TMT messes things up for me. But after installing it on top of a trial version it works !
Thanks to this info from rijnton I finally got this up and running. It seems that the detection most definitely has something to do with the newer installs from Arcsoft surrounding the Total Media Extreme product family. (which includes TMT) If using an older version that is TMT only it works fine even when the newer codec versions are installed on top of it.

Here's how to get it working:

1. Uninstall all previous versions and do the cleanup steps listed in this thread. (Registry clean, delete orphaned directories, delete instances of "arcsoft" in the registry)

1.Download and install the old version of the TMT trial that was pulled from Arcsoft's site awhile ago:

http://rapidshare.com/files/15529889...intro.exe.html

2. Do not run the program at this point - reboot
3. download this patch: http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/dig...Update_ALL.exe
and install it. Again, do not run program. Note that this step may not be necessary. Rijton reported that he did not install this patch and went right to installing the retail w/o problems.
4. Reboot
5. eac3to should work at this point. If you own TMT or TME retail, go ahead and install now.

Last edited by TruckChase!; 28th February 2009 at 18:20. Reason: Make instructions a little more clear