View Single Post
Old 13th November 2002, 08:00   #8  |  Link
trbarry

it's not really released, I guess it escaped ...

With some misgivings (and limitations) I just put out a YV12 test version of TomsMoComp. I replaced the old zip with one that has both the old and new versions, use the one from the Avisynth_2.5_Alpha folder for YV12 testing. See:

www.trbarry.com/Readme_TomsMoComp.txt and
www.trbarry.com/TomsMoComp.zip (source and dll's)

This version does NOT yet support the SearchEffort=-1 parm that does a vertical screen doubling. Sorry, that needs more debugging and is turned off.

You will still have to specify whether your clip is TopFirst. I put in code to automatically pick that up from Avisynth if you specified the TopFirst parm as -1, but that does not seem to work correctly with Avisynth 2.5" and "MPEG2Dec3 0.9x, so I probably did it wrong.

I noticed there is a bug with Avisynth 2.5 and MPEG2DEC3 on the Video Essential Montage, the torture test. It causes strange ghosting and wierd effects when it swithes back from video to film source. But it was a problem even without TomsMoComp, so I released this anyway.

I also put in code to say the output clip was progressive, but forgot to test it. (how do I do this?) So you are maybe better off putting an AssumeFrameBased statement after TomsMoComp.

THIS IS A TEST! IT IS ONLY A TEST! Treat accordingly.

As always I'd like feedback, but probably not until tomorrow since I'm totally burnt after all this.

Good luck, and good night.

- Tom

Last edited by trbarry; 17th November 2002 at 19:07.
trbarry is offline   Reply With Quote