View Single Post
Old 1st October 2018, 23:51   #3138  |  Link
manolito

Hi MrC,

good to see you back after more than a month (I had hoped that you were on a nice and long vacation...).

For the NTSC progressive with pulldown sources, yes, the 3 solutions are still valid, but only #1 is really fool proof. DSS2Mod and ffms2 have problems with such sources no matter which settings are used.

If the MPEG2 video is in an MKV container, the MKV should probably be demuxed first, then use DGIndex/DGDecode for the video and add the other streams manually. Mr. Graft indicated in the linked thread that he might expand DGIndex to support MPEG2 in an MKV container, but I have no idea if this will materialize.

For ffms2 a working solution is to add "RFFMode=1" to the command line which will honor the pulldown flags. But the field order needs to be the reverse value of the DGIndex field order. Not something the average user wants to deal with.

Another thing you might want to add to the next stable version is AVS+ support. I have been using it on my Core i5 laptop for some time now without any issues. It was requested by steptoe at VideoHelp, see here:
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...24#post2526075

It basically comes down to adding a "Prefetch" call at the end of the AVS script after detecting if AVS+ is installed. The number of threads can be determined automatically, Myrsloik proposed this formula:
max(physical cores, min(logical threads, 8))

I have already integrated it into my FF_VBR and HCenc_Mod plugins, but most folks probably do not use them...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 1st October 2018 at 23:59.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote