View Single Post
Old 5th August 2014, 13:29   #5  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
Yes its the same frame rate. I just cut the opening, the episode and the ending theme from the same source into 3 separate parts. When I append them, the more I append, the more they go out of sync and the more it goes out of sync as more get appended.
What's happening in-between? I assume you're not just splitting the source and then appending the parts together again? Are you extracting the audio or re-encoding any of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
Adding delays fixes it a bit but after about 6 minutes go by you can tell its going out of sync slowly again.
Initially it sounded like the audio is just losing sync where it's appended, but that sounds like it's a gradual thing which in theory shouldn't happen if the audio is in sync for each MKV before they're appended. Is that the case?

If you're extracting the audio after splitting and/or converting it, how are you appending it together again? If you've split the MKV containing the video, try adding the appropriate audio to each one and saving them as new MKVs. Check the audio sync for each. If it's not right try applying an appropriate audio delay and remuxing. When you have three individual MKVs with synced audio, append them. The audio should stay in sync. If that's not the way you're doing it, give it a try.

I'm not sure why you're splitting/appending exactly, but what happens if you extract the original audio (without splitting it) and adding it to the MKV's containing the video while appending them. If it goes out of sync it can't be because the audio was split, as it wasn't.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote