View Single Post
Old 24th February 2012, 20:31   #580  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
I have no idea how to test if the Unicode support works.
If you want to test Unicode support, use a file name that cannot be represented in your computer's local ANSI codepage.

Or even better: Use a file name that contains characters from different ANSI codepages and thus can not be represented in the local ANSI codepage on any computer!

For examplem combine a few Cyrillic, a few Greek, a few Arabic, a few Nepalese and a few Chinese characters in the same file name

Quote:
One thing might need further investigating, though. I did the conversion from 6-ch to 6-ch normalized twice, once using the original version and once using your modified Unicode enabled version. The two resulting files should be identical, right? But they are not, even though I could not make out any audible difference.
In theory, they should be identical. But in reality, there can be minor differences due to different compilers or different compiler settings.

You can make a DIFF of the two files, e.g. in Cool Edit or a similar audio editor, by copying the one file to the clipboard and then using "mix paste" with "inverted" option to paste it into the other one.

That DIFF audio file should be pretty much silent. Otherwise we have a problem

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 25th February 2012 at 00:03.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote