View Single Post
Old 7th May 2003, 09:17   #5  |  Link
Maxiuca

Quote:
your besplit pb is strange because I test my DTSWAVFilter only with
WAV produced by Surcode. So it was a miracle my filter work with
Laserdisk DTS and besplit doesn't work with...
Well than in fact it is a miracle Where did you get the documentation for this filter from? Could you maybe share it with me?
Quote:
how have you rip this DTS/WAV file ?
I just connect the LD player with a optical cable to my soundcard and record it to a WAV file. I already did it with ac-3 soundtracks and it works like charm.
Quote:
this problem doesn't seems to appear with Surcode files. may be laserdisk track is not exactly the same format than DTS/WAV...
You are right. I've tried it with surcode file and it works fine. But so does BeSplit... Strange. The laserdisc track should be exaclty the same...
Quote:
I will put a "DTS/WAV to DTS" tool (doing exactly the same job than besplit) on my website. could you test it on your file?
Sure, I'll test. When will you put that tool? Any chance you could share the source code with me?
Quote:
anyone interested in "DTS to DTS/WAV" tool ?
may be such DTS/WAV (48Khz) can be played on CDR ...
A 48 kHz DTS/WAV cannot be played on a CD-R as you simply cannot record a 48 kHz file to a CD... The only way is to decode the 48 kHz DTS file and than encode it in surcode at 44.1 kHz.
But I'm personally interested in the oposite way, so 44.1 -> 48, or just 44.1 kHz DTS to 48 kHz AC-3 (the DTS encoder by Surcode is rather expensive...). I'm writing a small guide on transfering Laserdisc to DVDs. There are some LDs that have never been released on DVDs and released on a LD only with DTS soundtrack (for example: The Schindler's List).

--
Maxiuca
Maxiuca is offline   Reply With Quote