View Single Post
Old 6th May 2003, 23:54   #3  |  Link
Maxiuca

Quote:
Originally posted by kempfand

Now: if HyperCube will work in 'PCM Engine'-mode (i.e. outputting the 6 pcm-files), it's time for me to open a bottle of champagne (I know it already works on 48.1 kHz dts).

Andreas [/B]
48 kHx dts encoding works fine. In fact I'm writing a small guide about it right now. What do you mean by "PCM Engine mode"? Anyway I use graphedit, DTSSource, File writer, WAV Dest and Intervideo Filters to encode a DTS file to a 6ch WAV file (which has bad header and cannot be read properly in any app, btw.). I also wrote a simple program that splits this into 6 mono waves. I'll post it to the forum soon (it's in very alpha stat right now).

As for 44.1 dts decoding:
I've been trying to capture the DTS soundtrack from laserdiscs. I wanted to covnert a wav file to .dts file with besplit and than do it the same way as with 48 khz dts. It worked fine with a wav file created by surcode (btw. WAV Dest and File Writer always produces a 48 kHz wave file, well not exaclty 48 kHz but the WAV header is wrong again... but I also solved this problem in my small program) but besplit doesn't work with the wav-dts files captured from a laserdisc.

--- the log for DSPguru---

BeSplit v0.9b4 by DSPguru.
--------------------------

Logging start : 05/05/03 , 20:45:35.

BeSplit -core( -logfilea belog.txt -input lms2.wav -output lms2.dts -type dtswav -fix )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSplit -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : lms2.wav
[00:00:00:000] | Source Sample-Rate: 44.1KHz
[00:00:00:000] | Channels Count: 5.1, Bitrate: 4096kbps
[00:00:00:000] | Output : lms2.dts
[00:00:00:000] +---------------------
[00:01:01:811] | Writing lms2.dts
[00:01:01:811] +---------------------
[00:01:01:811] Operation Completed !
[00:00:04:000] <-- Process Duration
Logging ends : 05/05/03 , 20:45:39.

------ end of log -------

Something is wrong with the bitrate (should be 1411). Also the file that was produced was two times smaller then the input file. Any ideas how to fix it (maybe DSPguru should contact hypercube about it, as DTSWAVSource does read this fine...)

Anyway. DTSWAVSource solved this problem (more or less, as this is in fact a very early and poor release, but it works!!). It reads the dts-wav from laserdisc fine and allows to decode it using the graphedit method.

So generally: DTS decoding in now possible!!!
(btw. when I asked about it one week ago or so, someone anwsered that I should forget about it, well i didn't )

There is only one problem with DTSWAVSource. It seems it doesn't recognize the end of the file. When I go the grapedit way with WAV Dest and File Writer, it doesn't stop after the end of the dts-wav file but produces an unlimited wav file with noise after the decoded sound. It's not a big problem, as you can always press stop in graphedit and cut the noise out, but if the author could fix this it would be very nice.

Maxiuca

Last edited by Maxiuca; 7th May 2003 at 00:05.
Maxiuca is offline   Reply With Quote