View Single Post
Old 30th March 2009, 11:40   #156  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Hopefully these pics will take out the confusion.
Well, if MPC-HC shows a SUP in this case (which is hard to tell), then this only proves that it uses the (inverted) color order that SupRip does, but not the one that the PS3 does.

Quote:
panasonic BD30 shows what mpc-hc and suprip see in these cases.
You kinda avoid talking about the original BD. How does it look like on the Panasonic? Or what is the "original source" exactly?

Quote:
to enable bdsup in mpc-hc you need to choose vmr windowless, haali or evr in options > playback > output, restart the player, then choose from navigate > subtitle language
OK, I'll try this later.

Quote:
if PS3 and BD30 are showing different colors I think there is an issue with bdsup2sub's color palette as the original displays blue on both players.
That's obviously a wrong assumption, as BDSup2Sub "has" not palette. It uses the frame palette defined for each frame of the SUP. Then again, if (and I'm not yet convinced that this is the case) the Panasonic shows different colors than a PS3 for the same original BD, there seems to be confusion about the color component's order even among different hardware vendors.
In this case, the definition in the BD specs was somewhat worthless anyway and BDSup2Sub way to handle it (via swap option) was the only possibility anyway.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote