View Single Post
Old 27th November 2016, 11:04   #1432  |  Link
CruNcher

Btw i wonder actually if the GP107 VPX again has more native decoding features then maybe the GP104 VPX in the Nvidia SDK its mentioned that Specific Features are again only available on Specific Cards only (They don't explicitly state which exactly yet where) and i guess they mean the 1050 GP107 VPX especially once again with that

So they maybe did it again and GP104/106 (1060,1070,1080) user have not the full capabilities of the 1050 GP107 VPX

Which then means we would see those features in Big Size first everywhere with GVxxx again including most probably AV1 support

We should take a closer look at

GP104 (1070/1080)
GP106 (1060)
GP107 (1050)

and if something there is maybe again Hybrid or this time even non existing at all

@wanezhiling

I guess this is what Nvidia stated in the SDK with Specific features only on specific Pascal Versions

the last released VPX get normally the most features Gxx06/Gxx07

and the previous rather Hybrid CUDA based solutions (and this is really interesting if you calculate the user reach and target and overall Performance Metrics of their Hybrid Decoder Research)

I wonder if the Mobile Versions actually derive from it or if it's the same there, though they already balanced some stuff on the 3D side different compared to the Desktop GPU so i wouldn't be surprised if the Mobile support looks different.

I almost was very surprised that it this time it wouldn't be the case but then i read the SDK List and saw those footnotes

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 27th November 2016 at 12:35.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote