Thread: AvsTimer
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2003, 23:53   #1  |  Link
kassandro

AvsTimer

AvsTimer is a small filter with virtually no overhead, which allows one to measure the performance of plugins or groups of plugins. For download and more information see www.AvsTimer.de.tf
I have uploaded version 0.2 to the above web site. Two new options have been added. With the type option the timer function can be chosen (type=0 : absolute times are measured, type=1 : only the time of the process running the filter is counted, type=2(the default) : only the time of the thread running the filter is counted). After the documentation was updated I have added also type=3, which measures also the absolute time but with the cpu instruction RDTSC instead of the OS function QueryPerformanceCounter. With accumulate=true, the frame rates are averaged over all frames processed so far and not only over the last 2000 frames (or whatever has been specified with the frames= option). Here I follow a suggestion of Kurtnoise13.
I have uploaded version 0.3 to the above web site. The difference option has been expanded, the output format has been simplified and the documentation has been rewritten.
version 0.4 has been released (13.09.03). The Shutdown filter has been added to the plugin.
Version 0.4.1 released (21.02.04).
Version 0.5 released (07.03.04) (see posting below for a change log)
Version 0.6 released (25.07.04) (see posting below for a change log)

Last edited by kassandro; 25th July 2004 at 13:06.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote