View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2012, 05:41   #4149  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPig View Post
I love this program! It saved my bacon when my authoring system decided to stop allowing me to produce multichannel BD-Rs. Now I just strip in the Dolby AC3 multichannel after building the disc image. But that got me thinking.. BD supports up to 8 channels of LPCM. So why not mux in multichannel LPCM instead of lossy Dolby ac3? But here's my problem.. tsMuxer accepts the LPCM just fine and muxes it beautifully.. but when I burn the disc and pop it into my Oppo BDP-83, the player thinks it's "1/1 Dolby" and won't play any audio--disc is silent. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Firstly, LPCM on Bluray is not in standard channel order, so if you want it to be correct when burnt to a disc, you need to re-arrange the channels if you have created LPCM from DD, DTS etc.

LPCM files over 4GB can cause muxing issues I believe: IIRC, creating them as w64 gets around this issue.

Eac3to can decode most things to LPCM and can perform channel re-ordering and output as w64 in one go: it might be your best option before muxing with TsMuxer.

LPCM is very space hungry compared to the lossy and lossless audio codecs, so don't be surprised at 6GB just for audio for a movie.

Last edited by IanD; 23rd January 2012 at 05:46.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote