View Single Post
Old 30th August 2003, 22:42   #11  |  Link
kempfand

@ DSPGuru:

A.
Quote:
you can remap the channels in the graph
That is indeed the most easy & elegant solution Why didn't we think at that before Anyhow: Big thanks

B. BeSweet -core( -input In-6ch.wav -output Out_ -type wav -6ch ) -ota( -G max ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 )
For BeSweet v1.5b20, this produces garbled (clicking) mono-wav's on 2 XP machines I tested. Same EoH & bitsnbytes. It works for v1.4.

C. Will do, as soon as we understand better why above (B) command-line works only for BeSeet v1.4 for some of us.

D. I believe in learning by doing, but point taken

@ bitsnbytes & KpeX:

Doing the B-Proc/P-Pan/Emigrator steps @ 32 bits gives slightly better results in our ears, with an emphasis on 'slightly' (i.e. one has to really carefully listen, and know the piece well).

The Ambisonic-VST even work at 64 bit, and the author suggested to use the highest possible bit-resolution.

In order to keep the method 'workable', we thought the current 16-bit is a good start and avoids 1st going into an application or use tools such as SOX. I personally do it @ 32 bit.

Quote:
The real bugger to watch is the bprocedit it seems to keep my fist dial setting but the third dial is always default to the left a bit.
--> Watch out for upcoming versions of Bidule, which hopefully will fix that (i.e. settings are kept).

Kind regards,

Andreas

Last edited by kempfand; 31st August 2003 at 14:24.