View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:23   #483  |  Link
txporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_groschi View Post
I'm following the discussion for some time now and i've read a lot about TGMC not being well suited as an input for srestore.
However, i still use it to feed srestore (with a simple TDeint(Mode=1) as detection clip) since with many sources where TDeint+EEDI2 and similar filters fail badly, TGMC still gives me a sharp, stable and flicker-free result.
Now my two questions are:
1) What about other advanced Bobbers (MVBob, MCBob, etc.)? Is there any good alternative to treat field-blended material?
2) Are there any tweaks for TGMC to make it work better for that purpose?
I am glad that you posted your question. I hadn't seen the threads indicating why it was incorrect to use TGMC to bob field-blended material that needs to be srestore'd. I have been doing exactly that and I find the output to be good. After you posted, I tried to search for this subject and I found this thread and then this post by Didee.

This is the script that he recommended using. I don't know exactly what each piece of it means. Maybe Didee will step through it?? (please ) It looks like he is using TGMC to create the final output, but using a thrice bobbed clip to detect which frames are blended. I don't understand what is happening with the 3 bobs.
Code:
mpeg2source("VTS_02_5.d2v")
o    = crop(0,56,-0,-56)
tgmc = o.tempgaussmc_beta1u(1,1,1,edimode="nnedi2",blocksize=16,sharpness=1.33,SVthin=1.25,truemotion=true)
bob1 = o.bob(0,0.5)
bob2 = bob1.clense(reduceflicker=false).merge(bob1,0.5)
bob3 = bob2.mt_adddiff(mt_makediff(bob2,bob2.clense(reduceflicker=false),U=3,V=3),U=3,V=3)

tgmc.Srestore(frate=25.0,dclip=bob3)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote