View Single Post
Old 6th March 2016, 20:38   #36691  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
For what it's worth, the new glitch handling mode didn't help for me with a GTX 960. I still have to keep my present queue set to 6.
Ok. Behaviour was the same? Meaning presentation queue simply didn't fill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolfy View Post
I tried the "alternative glitch handling mode" but it didn't really help. Sometimes when I move forward or backward (I don't mean when displyaing the seekbar) into the video the queues filled but it's pretty rare.

If I reduce the prepresented frames to 4 frames, the queues fill correctly but I don't really want to modify that... The only combination that doesn't give me dropped frames with interlaced DVD are :
- CPU queue size : 23
- GPU queue size : 14
- Frames presented in advance : 6

Deinterlacing seems to be pretty erratic most of the time.

Strange, 6 doesn't work for me. I have to use 4.
I'm a bit confused. You say 6 doesn't work for you, but then you say the only way that doesn't give you dropped frames with interlaced DVD is 6. Can you explain?

Are we talking about a totally separate issue here, with interlaced DVD? Or is it the same issue? It seems to be the first time you mentioned interlaced DVD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRaistlin View Post
Jump to time (by clicking on the time scale in MPC-HC) is broken since 0.90.4 (WinXP). To be precise, the first click works but the second one is not and the player may hang after it.
Sample: http://mir.cr/2XNEHWTK
Works for me! Are you 100% sure that this problem was introduced in 0.90.4? When the player hangs, does the player still react to mouse or keyboard actions? Or is it totally frozen? In the latter case please press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Pause/Break and wait a few seconds. Hopefully a freeze report text file is then created on your desktop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCaco View Post
with d3d11 "old" my queues donīt fill, with the new alternate now my queues fill and the a/v are perfect synced, but i have a slight perfomance loss because the present a frame for every vsync option
What does the "present a frame for every vsync" option have to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCaco View Post
i donīt output 10 bit and 3d, so there any advantage for me to use d3d11 ? or should i stay on d3d9?
There should be no quality difference, so use what works best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
madshi, have you already taken a look at the latest super-xbr update? Seems like a big deal to me.
There are new versions of Adaptive Sharpen and SuperRes too.
I'm aware. FWIW, the new super-xbr weights are mostly for game upscales. For real videos I found them to be slightly worse than the old ones. I need to test the new anti-ringing code, though, maybe that it an improvement, although I've been using my own code for that, anyway, so I'll have to compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyllian View Post
Though the new color distance code I'm using on standard xbr might some way improve other filters (including sxbr).

Instead using just luma, I found a source that presents a different way to calc distance between colors. See the source here (thanks to Sp00kyfox): http://www.compuphase.com/cmetric.htm

I played a bit with that formula and modified it a bit for my needs. So, the new xBR shaders are using that and it improves color, specially in sharp red/blue transitions. I don't know if these sharp color transitions are critical in movies as they are for games, maybe cartoons could benefit.
I suppose you're using the color distance to calculate the angles and weights? But the actual interpolation is still done with the original RGB values? To be honest, I'm not fully sure if this would make things better or worse for movies. Would have to be tested.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote