View Single Post
Old 19th February 2012, 07:18   #13  |  Link
leiming2006

updated.

2012-2-19
avisynth.h is now from 2.58
+ sorathread: a totally cache-disabled version is offered (with cache=0)
c sorathread: the parameter "cache" is now default 0
f sorasmserver: error message is given when avisynth script has errors.
c sorathread (internal): some codes of mutex and conditional variable usage rollback to the version 20120211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
I get random crashes with the newest version 20120213. No Problems with the previous version.

And maybe it is a bug, I don't know ... If I set cache for example at 20, the encode will slow down and is even slower after a while then without sorathread

I'm using now sorathread(2,1) and it seems to give the best performance on my encode.
I don't sure if it's the problem about working with multi-threaded avisynth. the test environment is avisynth 2.58 official build.

I have re-check the source code and the problem didn't appear in my computer so I can't get to know why it crashes. now I rollback the source code about inter-thread synchronization to previous version.

and then, after thought twice I wonder if the cache is necessary. filters which need to refer to previous frames are likely maintain it's own cache. So the cache is changed to be disabled by default. (the cache algorithm will not execute and the mutex will not be created)
leiming2006 is offline   Reply With Quote