View Single Post
Old 14th August 2013, 15:21   #11  |  Link
MrJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
OP seemed happy with crop
Thanks a lot guys. This is a masterclass for me and I'm learning a lot.

Sorry I haven't posted replies yet. I do intend to. I was so delighted with the vertical motion fix that I thought I might torture myself by correcting the horizontal drift as well. It's not as pronounced, about 4 times less than the vertical but now the vertical is fixed I'm noticing it slightly. It's not really necessary since it just looks like the camera is smoothly panned rather than falling down which looked terrible.

I corrected the levels, which were shocking and added the audio. I was using a friend's camera and he's got some hot pixels which are now doing an interesting upward drift with the original script and executing parabolic motion with my horizontal corrections entered. I don't know whether it's best to try and do something about them immediately after deinterlacing or to try and include something in the script clip or something else.

I wanted the 1280 x 720 in case I put it on vimeo or youtube but I might also put it on a 720 x 576 PAL DVD despite the camera being NTSC. I'm trying to fix the horizontal motion at the moment. I've done something daft with my numbers but I'll try and figure it out before I amuse you with it.
MrJ is offline   Reply With Quote