View Single Post
Old 21st December 2012, 21:36   #85  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Do you want to say, that the MPC-HC never violated the GPL?
Then, I beg of you to give your comments about this list with links:

Where can I find the source code to published there builds mpc-hc. I have a collection of such references, more than 200 pieces.
Most of those tickets has had their source code committed to our publicly accessible repo, so the source code is available there. And since the move to github we often distribute the source code of test builds through our own developer repositories. We're not perfect, but we try.

But the thing that bothers me in this case is that this thread is not a bug tracker. You are posting builds of your fork in our thread and you don't show the common courtesy of sharing the source code. If you don't want to share the source code of your test builds then don't post them in our thread, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Well, who said that we do not provide your source code? In our every release, there's a complete copy of the source code at the time of issue.
All charges on the part of team members mpc-hc, it is no more than speculation, in order to reduce the attention to our software product. When they can't bypass the competitor technically, you can use other tools, for example, accused of any violations.
The problem is that if you make a change in one of the test builds that our users want to see integrated into MPC-HC we wouldn't be able to until you release a stable. That is exactly the kind of situation that GPL was made to prevent. We share our source code as much as possible and you often make use of that by integrating our changes before we release a stable, it'd only be fair we were allowed to do the same.

But I see you've opened access to the repository and I'm sure you'll commit any useful changes from the test builds there. I hope we can now start collaborating like forks are supposed to, share the knowledge so that both players can further improve upon each other.

Last edited by Armada; 21st December 2012 at 22:43.
Armada is offline   Reply With Quote