View Single Post
Old 18th December 2018, 14:05   #143  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHD 4 Everyone View Post
So I know about the version number change that has to happen (which tsm2uhd should do).

The file I have is an 8-bit converted to 10-bit, so no new color grading just expanding the space so I'm not too worried about the data block in the extension data.

I have decrypted a retail disc I own and I'm looking at that as an example (specifically Rise of the Planet of the Apes).

After that I am looking at the extension data for the mpls files and then correcting the clpi files. And I assume that the exension data on the playlist files with ID1:3 ID2:5 is more HDR info?

I'm going to assume I don't need extension data on my MovieObject.bdmv file as I'm not seeing any on my retail disc.

As far as editing the CLPI's go, I've found the pids in the files via hex editor and bd edit. What addresses need to be changed to signify an HEVC stream?

One last question, are you using anything outside of a hex editor, bd edit, and media info to look at these flies to be able to see what's in them a little more clearly? Because I feel like I'm doing this all wrong haha.

Thanks for your all of your help and your software (seriously), sorry if I seem annoying or anything haha.
It's more than just the version. You also have to change the type and format of all references to the stream (type = 0x24, format = 8). The extension you mentioned holds HDR data. In Index.bdmv you set flags as an extension showing "this is a UHD disc". In the CLPI the mux bitrate changes as well as the type/format info (if you encoded with a bitrate higher than a standard BD uses or are using an original stream). The CLPI also has a new entry added to the program_info table. If the source is DolbyVision you also have to add an entry to the subpath table and mux the DolbyVision stream as ID 4117 (TSM2UHD doesn't do that yet). Like I said, it's not easy, and it may take more than a hex editor.

On top of everything else, there are things that have to be changed in the PMT throughout the M2TS -- and I recently discovered that TSMUXER actually hides some of the I-Frames in other frame PES packets which causes terrible sync issues. I thought it only happened on X265 encodes... but it has been reported by others that it may also occur with original streams.

I know what you mean about struggling with the "hunt and peck" method, I had to dump out files and dig around to figure out what many of the values mean.

I suggest you hang on for a few days (or maybe a little more) and use BD-RB to do all the work for you. I'm working on routines to do the M2TS muxing for you, etc.

You're using BDEDIT on UHD discs? Whenever I try it crashes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th December 2018 at 16:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote