View Single Post
Old 16th March 2009, 21:55   #2083  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida_singh View Post
jdobbs....

Excellent program first off. But, more of a request than a bug report, but necessary as it could be classed as a bug in this thread. Whilst encoding Hellboy 2 (Movie only), my sister accidently took the disc out to play another movie on the pc. BDRB was minimsed. The job ran fine, and completed as if it was all successful, media info gave the correct duration. But, it came to light later when she told me she took the disc out, that the full movie had not been encoded. when playing back the stream, VLC reported it was a full length movie (full duration displayed), but, I can really only view up to about 45 minutes into the film (I could not seek to the end of the movie). I originally thought that BDRB had demuxed the files, and then ran off the workfiles folder, as no warning was given when the disc was ejected.

But now I can confirm that even though the job stated it ran 100%, and vlc as well media info reported back the correct duration of the stream, it was not all there in the end result, the file size was also correct.

Im just asking if it's possible to as a warning to state the disc has been ejected.

Unfortuantly I deleted the workfiles folder, and have started the job again, (so no logs etc) making sure the disc will not be ejected.

BTW: Using latest version 0.20.03

Many thanks
I doubt very much this will be implemented. BDRB is designed for use with sources that have already been ripped to the hard drive. If your using AnyDVD HD just use the built in ripper or windows explorer and copy all the folders to a folder on your hard drive and load that folder into BDRB.

Encoding straight from a disc is ALWAYS a bad idea unless you simply can't make enough space for the process when ripping the disc to your computer. It places a lot of strain on your Bluray drive too. Encodes can take 10+ hours and reading with your bluray drive constantly like that is not a good idea generally speaking.

You'll have more reliable results reading from the hard drive also because you might find there is an error on the disc and then BDRB enocdes it, it won't "try again" like a disc ripper would by reducing the read speed right down etc.

Hope your getting what I'm saying. Rip it to your hard drive first always.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote