View Single Post
Old 29th August 2007, 20:34   #1368  |  Link
milOtis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson View Post
I posted this Q as a new thread in General Decrypting http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=129351

neuron2 suggested that I post in this thread.

I have some instructional videos on an old computer (Win XP/WMP 10) in ASF format. They are protected by MS Media Player DRM. The company that I purchased the videos from no longer exists.

I want to move these files to my new computers (XP WMP 10 or 11).

When I try to open them on the new computer I get a message that I need a license to play these files and then a blank browser (page can not be found) window opens since the company no longer exists.

I have also tried backup/restore of license files to new computer but get a message that I have exceeded my restores for that day (I get the message every day and have been trying for a few weeks).

I have tried the new 'fixed' version of Fairuse4wm but get an error message 'wrong private key'

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

you will NOT be able to undrm those files. ASX/ASF files used to use a different DRM method than IBX which is no longer used in WMV files.

your best bet is to install a video card with S-Video output, and play the files full screen on the old computer, and output them to another capturing device, whether that be a DVD recorder, VHS player, another computer with video-inputs, or whatever u might have.

you have too much working against you...OLD files, company out of business, on an old computer, AND in ASF format...trust me, don't lose sleep over this, export them and capture them via an analog video card.

::: milOtis