View Single Post
Old 5th October 2017, 15:48   #3053  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
I just would find a more "sexy" name, instead of jm_fps.... Do you confirm that fftw3.dll is actually needed only if DCT flag is set to 1? Still not tested mx_fps.
For a sexier name I am open to suggestions...
It's just that a couple of other folks also have adopted this name, it might get confusing to rename the script now.

fftw3.dll is not needed when DCT is not used (DCT=0), which is the default. Usually DCT=0 works fine, but for some rare (mostly anime) sources DCT=1 gives a much better quality, but at a very very low speed.

The jm_fps script only exposes the framerate to keep it as simple as possible. Maybe I should change the interface to also expose the block size and DCT. These 2 params are the ones a user wants to play with for difficult sources. But this might be beyond the scope of A2D...

Another thing you want to think about when integrating this into A2D:
For most helper plugins there are "modernized" versions (mostly written by pinterf) which add additional features like new colorspaces, high bitdepth and MT support. All these newer versions require SSE2 so they will not work on my computer. I also find them a little unstable, they are work in progress. The AIO package for mx_fps which I linked to contains older but stable versions of these plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
As per the 50p conversion to DVD, if the output is PAL, generally speaking I would go with SelectEven(), it should deliver the smoothest result. If the output is NTSC the decision is much more video content dependant. Will the DVB-T2 standard be @ 50fps in all countries or only in German? If the latter, NTSC output could be irrelevant...
I believe that DVB-T2 will be 50fps only in PAL countries. I really do not like the fact that each European country now uses its own flavor of the standard. Germany was very late to introduce DVB-T2 so they figured to push ahead and use HEVC video and EAC3 and/or AAC-LATM audio. It took me a long time to establish a workflow for my conversions to AVC or DVD which keeps audio in sync.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 7th October 2017 at 17:07.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote