View Single Post
Old 16th December 2002, 21:36   #14  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by midiguy
One time, I encoded the first episode of cowboy bebop. One of the scenes, when a character uses the eye drops, the screen turns red, and there is a noise effect (there is suppose to be this noise effect, it is a special effect). But qwhen I play back that scene, the noise looks really smooth and blurry and soft and overall pretty ugly. now, if you say there is no pre-processing with RV9, then it must be realone player's post-processing detecting this special effect as video noise and blurring it to hell.
Noise is almost impossible to compress, so I think what happened was that the bitrate spiked so much during this scene, that it blew the bit reservoir, causing the encoder to increase quantization so much it blurred the video too much. For typical bitrates, when I use VBR with max bitrate a little over 2X average bitrate, and 25 second buffer, I have not really seen this happen, but can't remember any scenes like this either. There is no adjustable post-processing in RV9, so I think the problem occured on the encoder side.
With regards to encoding tools, AutoRV9 uses Helix Producer as its back-end, but it is a great help in automating the process.

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 16th December 2002 at 21:52.
karl_lillevold is offline   Reply With Quote