View Single Post
Old 24th July 2005, 18:27   #3  |  Link
leecole
RC

Thanks, but I disagree

I am NOT talking about the ADVANVED OPTIONS external Subtitles checkbox. I am talking about the Main screen Open Dialog that opens up if you check FILE INPUT, Open input Dialog and browse to a valid MPEG2 recording, then click OPEN. At that time, if you enter CTRL-F8, a new Open Dialog appears on the Main Screen, called External SubTitles. It is this dialog that I am speaking about. If you open it and browse, it only shows
files of filetype *.srt, so it is oviouslly expecting input of an existing .srt file. My reading of the documentation and the forums led me to believe, perhaps erronouslly, that this would burn the subtitles into the output .AVI . It is quite possible, no, quite probable, that I must do more, or that I am missing something in the setup of the product. I am hoping that someone can enlighten me. I have read many, many entries in these forums about Avisynth Open failures, and subtitle problems, but it seemed that most of these had to do with DVD input. None have offered a solution that I was able to understand. I thank you for trying to help.
leecole is offline   Reply With Quote