View Single Post
Old 9th October 2002, 04:06   #36  |  Link
Kurosu

@All
I'd like some (can be short, like 25 frames, of any sources) videos sequences with both "rainbow" effect and motion (like ronnylov's) to check how the new code does its job. I urge everyone interested in the matter to provide High Speed Dubb appropriate sequences, as his work is directed in another direction than me. Both works concern everyone having trouble with "rainbow" artifacts.

@High Speed Dubb
I'd like to go slowly from the simple observations-ideas I had to more general ones. Indeed I've worked on material that were particuliarly fitting what I attempt to filter. But I don't know if it should be pixel-wise or block-wise. Both "activity" basis and High Speed Dubb's ideas are good ideas of what's happening. I guess that his idea is more general and more suited to artifact coming from video captures.
About the fix: I guess you're speaking in terms of luminance, calculating something like SAD for motion estimation.

Regarding the frequency analysis, this is going to be my next step. When analysing the causes of the rainbow artifacts (aliasing of Y signal and U or V), it seems some better results are possible there. And it would be a finer measure for my "activity thresholding", the one I'm using right now.

(I'm really doing long posts )
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote