View Single Post
Old 27th February 2013, 05:59   #17808  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Now if there was a way to interpolate without glossing up the video that might be more impressive.
That's my point(and my ulterior motive) because I know that most FI really look fugly with nasty aliasing around fast movements, but I really wish madshi could spend 10 mins of his precious time checking out the FI of Sammy ES6x00 TV's in "crisp" mode because it looks dead smooth(no hiccup), doesn't artifact whatsoever and doesn't look like a soap opera either...this would be a strong asset to mVR, and madshi's unstoppable anyway.....a bit of mathematics magic and this ghost story would turn into some most impressive buttersmoothness

lesnumeriques.com recently tried a TOTL Philips TV and claimed that its FI was a complete joke compared to Sammy's, which is hard to deny IME as well. They also confirmed that Sony's Motionflow wasn't nearly as good as Sammy's either(they're not Sammy shills BTW ^^).

Surely it took decades to their R&D team to come up with this, but they didn't have madshi in their team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
Be thankful that you can't hear over 15kHz then!
True dat! I completely forgot that this flat screen CRT liked to randomly make that utterly annoying high pitched whine.......oh well, I'm gonna follow madshi's advice and go demo some plasma's tomorrow

Panasonic's new ST60's should be released within a few months and would supposedly fix the posterizing issue, allowing 24576 steps of gradation instead of the current 12288 on the ST50's.

I read that Sammy's plasma's suffer from a loud buzzing noise on bright pictures, but I can get a 60" LG for 750€....this requires a demo, as I'm willing to make compromises until OLED makes it mainstream =)

And the bigger the screen, the more impressive Jinc3AR looks IME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druneau View Post
Is there a simple source for push notification of new madVR releases?
Real men check the OP every 10 mins \o/

Last edited by leeperry; 27th February 2013 at 06:15.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote