View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 18:14   #16944  |  Link
glc650

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I disagree. If you have managed to get the refresh rate close enough, there shouldn't be frame drops/repeats long enough to play the longest movie out there, rendering Reclock's resampling/sync corrections useless. In that case it does make a lot of sense to enable the "slave reference clock to audio" option, so that you can get kernel mode streaming without having to resample audio.
What's the threshold for "close enough"?

Quote:
Currently madVR can not find out itself which mode it should use. So the "auto" mode always uses DXVA deinterlacing. If your sitcoms are native film content (24p), forcing madVR into "film" mode would allow you to output true 24p to your display, which would result in smoother motion. This is not possible when using DXVA deinterlacing. However, if your sitcoms are native interlaced recordings, film mode would produce visible combing artifacts. If your display can't do 24p, anyway, I'd stick with "auto". If you want 24p output then you can try film mode. I guess most newer sitcoms are 24p based. But some older sitcoms are native interlaced, I think.
And if you force video mode it also uses DXVA deinterlacing? What does it does when you force film mode?

Quote:
No. At least not for hard-telecined content.
What's the best way to determine if content is natively interlaced vs telecined?
glc650 is offline   Reply With Quote