View Single Post
Old 4th November 2003, 01:16   #6  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Quote:
Originally posted by dvd_master
Oh man, that was awesome. Your sure did alot of work into .hack//SIGN. I merged vol.1 and vol.2 onto a DVD-9 for fun once, but I took way different steps and procedures.

Although I think you shoulda have just reencoded the trailers at a lower quality, or maybe got rid of them all but Arjuna. :P

Although I have to ask... maybe I'm misreading, but you cut out the Japanese audio to keep the... the.... DUB? I hope I'm misreading...

Anyway, i probably had less steps to just reencode and reauthor everything from scratch identical to the R1!
To my knowledge, I wanted to get rid of unwanted stuff as little as possible and still retain great video quality. I decided to retain the Isolated Score (DUB) just because, I believe the soundtrack was desirable enough for me to listen to it. Again, IMO, the soundtrack is really good. Yes, there are many ways to backup a DVD and this happened to be the way I did it at that moment. On another backup path, I could've replaced all my trailers with blank VOBs instead of converting them to stills. As usual, I try to document my actions in real time while I'm performing the edits.