View Single Post
Old 27th February 2009, 18:31   #8402  |  Link
Killroy™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijnton View Post
Can anyone help me please ? I am getting desparate.
At first I tried remuxing with eac3to, using a trial version of TMT (or actually a non-working cracked version, resulting in still trial.....). This went perfect !
So I thought to take the plunge and I bought the retail version of TMT (online download). It turns out to be version 2.1.6.129. But although TMT itself works perfectly, eac3to -test reports that Arcsoft DTS Decoder is not installed.
I already tried a lot of suggested solutions (copying .dll files to eac3to folder, registering commands etc), but nothing works. I also tried the environment path thing, but no success, although I don't know if I did that right. I went to My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Variables and selected Path and clicked Edit and added the value C:\Program Files\Common Files\Arcsoft\Bin. After that under Name there is PATH and under Value of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Arcsoft\Bin. Is that the correct way ?
Btw, before installing the "cracked, trial" version I made a Ghost backup and restored from that before installing the legal, bought version.
As I said, I am getting desperate because I bought TMT only for the decoder and now it turns out to be not working. Please help me.
My experience was that the trial version screws up the install of the Retail (bought) version.

Uninstall the trial, Reboot, delete all Arcsoft folders (even hidden ones), Reboot, and then run a reg cleaner (CCleaner or whatever one you want) and delete all the orphaned registries. Reboot.

And then... this is most important.... run regedit and search for "arcsoft" and "TotalMedia" and delete every single thing that has those names. Reboot.

Install the Retail version and see if that helps. I am sure it will.