View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 13:10   #27983  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
I've had an issue for awhile now where I will play a video in FSE mode and the render time will settle down to say, 30ms for 720p->1080p NNEDI3 upscaling. Then I'll back out to windowed mode and back into FSE and the render time will drop down to a steady 25ms. I'm not sure what's happening but I can reproduce this consistently. I have my gpu overclocked and it's almost like madVR isn't accepting the overclock in FSE even though Afterburner says it's using 1050 core the entire time.
madVR is not even aware of whether the GPU is overclocked or not, let alone control it in any way. This is all outside of madVR's control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neet009 View Post
Now it works well with HCFR.
Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Is it normal for the Nvidia Control Panel settings like deinterlace etc to have no effect on the image when using madvr?
NVidia deinterlacing settings only have an effect if DXVA deinterlacing is used (maybe also for CUVID deinterlacing, I don't know). The other GPU control panel options may or may not have an affect if DXVA deinterlacing or DXVA scaling is used, but they won't have an effect otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
Hi Madshi, the problem seemed to start with 0.87.11 - it was not present in 0.87.10.

The problem is when I am using a second display (e.g. my Samsung UE40H6400 TV, via HDMI, and an AMD HD7790 GPU). I can force film mode on the primary display, but not when the MPC-HC window is on the secondary display. When I toggle through modes, it just goes through auto and video, and skips film.
Could you please double check by going back to v0.87.10 that the problem was indeed introduced exactly by v0.87.11? The reason I'm asking you to do that is that none of the changes in v0.87.11 should affect film mode in any way. I rather think that the problem was introduced by some other change. Maybe you're using native DXVA decoding now? Film mode only works with software decoding (or DXVA copyback).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
It would be interesting to have madVR be G-sync (or FreeSync) aware, it seems like it would be possible to have the audio and video sync be very exact without smooth motion, basically like Reclock but adjusting the video frame timing instead of re-sampling the audio. This would also be great for bit-streaming without smooth motion.
If only I could tell FreeSync in advance which frame to present when. But I don't think it works like that. Basically in order to use FreeSync, I would have to present each video frame exactly at the right time, which means fluidity would depend on how reliably madVR gets CPU time from the task scheduler. IMHO that would be a step backwards. Windows is not a real time OS.

Last edited by madshi; 8th January 2015 at 13:13.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote