View Single Post
Old 1st November 2003, 22:03   #16  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

@MediaMage

About first ripping step: ISO/File mode is not ideal for GKIF4U. I have to check situation with multiple IFOs, but I think I'm just picking up the first one anyway (because in IFO mode DVDDecrypter produces just one ifo file and I select the longest chain from there). May be I'm wrong and it's a bug. In any case I recommend using IFO mode and only rip what you gonna encode. It will help solving problems with audio (the one you mentioned ealier). In fact I checked and audio is being picked up right, but info you see in the combobox is probably incorrect (there is no second audio for the chain which is later processed by DVD2AVI). Was stream info txt file created when you ripped? (or maybe you didn't rip it in IFO mode)

Moreover - if you have multiple episodes in one vobset and you ripped them all in ISO or File mode, the GKIF4U cannot do anything right since it always works on the stripped VOBs already (with just one chain there). Hope this is clear now for everybody who uses GKIG4U.

@GizmoDerMokwai

Default XviD settings don't use VHQ if I'm not mistaken. But I'm using VHQ1 which makes encoding at least twice as slow. And AVS script doesn't matter in this case at all as you found out already.

Last edited by len0x; 1st November 2003 at 22:08.
len0x is offline   Reply With Quote