View Single Post
Old 16th November 2013, 19:49   #146  |  Link
zerowalker

Donīt have any sample videos, but can say state some color formats.

First YV24, even though itīs mostly unnecessary, it shouldnīt be to hard to implement while you are at it.
And then Rec.709, which is extremely useful but very rarely supported in a lossless codec.

Well thatīs probably about it now that i think about it, i hope that was something you wanted to know, or perhaps you wanted to know something about bitdepth and such, if so i provided the wrong information.

I hope you see this through, Lagarith is an underestimated codec, and whatīs it mostly is lacking is support and perhaps tweaks for encoding/decoding with newer CPU instructions.

EDIT:

Original 10bit videos will probably be quite hard to obtain, but itīs fairly simple to make one.

Take a video with much darkness and gradients. Fix it with Avisynth and work in 16bit.
Dither it to 10bit.

That way it wonīt be upsampled from 8bit for no reason, and there should be pretty useful information in the last 2 bit that should have impact on compression.

But of course a 10bit Broadcast tape would be preferred, but canīt see a way to obtain one if you donīt have some good contacts.

Last edited by zerowalker; 16th November 2013 at 22:10.
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote