View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:10   #3252  |  Link
manolito

The key line in your DVD log is this one:
Quote:
Created File (Menu Page 1): C:\Users\mike7\Videos\DVD_1_MenuPage1.m2v (0 Byte)
AVStoDVD always uses FFMpeg to create the motion menu video even if HCenc is selected as the video encoder. And this encoding step fails on your computer.

First thing I thought was that the reason could be that you had selected a duration of 25 sec for the motion menu while the source only has a duration of 12 sec. But this was wrong, my computer had no problem using 25 sec as the menu duration.

You could try anyways to shorten the menu duration to no more than 12 sec, but if this does not help then I believe that AVS+ is the reason.

//EDIT//
Or did you update your FFmpeg version in AVStoDVD without observing this?
Quote:
FFmpeg:
The included version 2.2.3 is from 2014 and is slowly getting a little old. For the purpose of AVStoDVD it probably has everything it needs, though...
If you want to upgrade to a later version, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Starting with version 3.1.2 the FFmpeg AVS interface has changed. To work with A2D it is necessary to include the folder "...\AVStoDVD\Lib" in your "PATH" environment variable. It is also recommended to include the folder "...\AviSynth\Plugins" in the "PATH" variable.

Current FFmpeg versions do NOT work under Win XP. There are a couple of fairly recent builds by CoRoNe, rogerdpack and Sherpya which do work under Win XP, though.

The latest and highly recommended version which works under Win XP and does not require to modify the "PATH" variable is this one from July 2016 by rogerdpack:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffm...e.zip/download

Last edited by manolito; 22nd September 2019 at 16:34.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote