View Single Post
Old 6th June 2011, 11:44   #9  |  Link
CruNcher

So just to be absolutely sure i understood you correct you lose the ability to hardware playback those 1080i streams after you used another application that uses the GPU (for example a Game) or reboot immediately after the driver installation. And then only reinstalling the Driver lets you playback that 1080i file flawless again Hardware accelerated but only as long as you don't again either reboot or start another Application that uses the GPU, is this correct how i understood it ?.

Or do you mean some specific application (that doesn't use the GPU but the Video Engine for example) or a application that keeps running after execution the whole time and uses the GPU ?
I mean a very good example would be on Win7 the Aero interface eg DWM which constantly uses the GPU, though you said these problems are the same on XP and Win7 ?.

But if their are the same case on XP and Win7 then i wonder how after the immediate reinstallation of the Driver you get Hardware Playback working on XP @ all that shouldn't work only after a reboot (actually im not 100% sure of that as i never tested it with the Video Part but at least the 3D Part shouldn't be able to function before a reboot on XP @ all after installing the Nvidia driver).

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 6th June 2011 at 12:09.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote