View Single Post
Old 26th April 2004, 16:29   #29  |  Link
illiminable

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
illiminable,
i saw that you are also working on an ogg muxer! are planning to support ogm-style muxing of a/v tracks or only the official xiph formats in the ogg way (+ remuxing of theora stored in the ogm way to the ogg way?)

keep up the good work
Yes... the single stream muxer... suitable for muxing vorbis or speex only ogg files is almost done... it's in the last release though it still has some defects in it's paging and timestamping.

As for ogm... i'll be supporting the playback of ogm files (anyone know where i can download some from with moderate priority... the demux already supports ogm video + ogg vorbis mixed streams(such as the lego man movies (divx + vorbis) i link to on my website)... adding support for the audio also won't be very hard.

As for muxing of ogm... unfortunately that's a fairly low priority at the moment... once i can mux proper theora + vorbis ogg files properly to spec i'll start looking at that.

But i am also going to start adding annodex(www.annodex.net) support... which is another project i'm working on... i guess it could be interesting to the fansubbers, if they want to check it out ! This may take precedence over doing ogm muxing, depends how much spare time i get. Though you never know... ogm muxing is not all that complicated.

There will be a new release tomorrow, that includes seeking and position info for speex and vorbis... though still not for theora or flac. I just finished it then... but i think i'll sleep on it, and then package it tomorrow.

Also source will be available within the next 2-3 days. Basicly once i stop trying to do "just one more feature" and start tidying it up. Which should hopefully be about now !

Last edited by illiminable; 27th April 2004 at 11:27.
illiminable is offline   Reply With Quote