View Single Post
Old 9th January 2005, 04:51   #16  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally posted by E-Male
well, in computer science the actual coding never is the biggest part of the project
Depends on the definition of "big". For sure the actual coding mostly is the annoying part. Having the idea is the fun part. (And I'm still in search for my personal coding slave ).

Quote:
sharpening

Quote:
colors
That's of course the point. But to draw the conclusion right here: there's no such thing like "the" [one and only] film look. There's a rather big number of different techniques that are used from a big number of different studios. Basically one could make anything, and say "that's my 'film look'."

Quote:
have a look at that site i linked
Yes, we had that site mentioned already some time ago.

Quote:
maybe that'll help you
Uh, I didn't know that I was the one being on this particular mission?

Quote:
the first step there is an exegarted example including some explaination and a curve-file
Currently I'm away from that of my rigs that has Photoshop installed (besides, I never use it, anyways.) A diagram'ed visualization of those curves would be nice to see. It's better to create something with formulaes through MaskTools's LUT functions, instead of *requiring* AMP files from Photoshop. It's not an application that's present on each and every machine.

Quite some of the steps' techniques of that site's example are similar to what I'm currently implanting into LS-EX. Perhaps (perhaps!) there's time to make an excusion.

Oh, another problem is, one should have DV sources to start with. Having only film sources available isn't a very good base for playing with such processing. I hand the torch on

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote