View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 20:16   #737  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseninzhiv View Post
r0lZ, All done

me need this format YUY2.
in Virtualdub, grafstudio all works, but Pismo File Mount an error.

error.log:
Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
(E:\Blu-ray\1\MVCTOAVI.EXE\1-right.AVS, line 2)
OK, I've tried the AVS mounter trick. It's a good idea, but obviously, it cannot work with DirectShowMVCSource(). If I understand correctly how it works, avfs is a plugin for Pismo File Mount that allows it to mount the AVS script as a file folder, and in that folder, it creates a virtual AVI file, that you can theoretically use with any application that can open an AVI.

The problem is that the AVS script is read and evaluated by Pismo File Mount during the encoding process, and not by the app that reads the AVI. Therefore, for DirectShowMVCSource to work, Pismo File Mount should be installed in the magic path. But that's impossible, as it's a driver, and the installer installs it in the system, and doesn't ask for a destination folder. Maybe it is possible to move its DLL files to another location and modify the registry to open it from that path, but I'm not sure. Anyway, playing with the registry entries of a driver is dangerous, and I don't want to encourage the users to do it.

Sorry, but you will have to find another solution. (There is anther app that can convert an AVS script to a virtual AVI, but I don't remember its name, and it might be outdated.)

IMO, a better solution is to encode to MKV with my GUI.

[EDIT] The tool to convert an AVS file to virtual AVI is probably MakeAVIS. Not sure if it is still developed and where you can download it. It may have the same problem than Pismo File Mount, since it's also a sort of codec that is installed in the system and not in the magic path.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th October 2012 at 20:28.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote