View Single Post
Old 28th February 2009, 22:04   #8431  |  Link
sidekick2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
dburckh, the same guy who made the TrueHD fix for TSMuxer also makes ToNMT which converts HD-DVD Dolby Digial Plus streams into BluRay compliant DDP streams. Before the BDs came out, I used it to remux the Bourne trilogy HD-DVDs to BluRay and the DDP worked fine.

Edit: Looking back over the ToNMT forums, I think it was QuickFix.cmd that I used. The .dpp track was first demuxed using eac3to then processed with QuickFix then finally remuxed into a BluRay structure using TSMuxer and played back on the PS3. My Denon 1909 picked up the DDP no problem.
According to the tonmt forums, quickfix.cmd changes "TS Type from 0x81 to 0x84 for eac3 tracks" I just tried this 3 different ways on my Bourne Identity hd-dvd, and it still won't play in the ps3 as a blu-ray disk. I used his tonmt gui, I used ts4np, and then I took the output from tsmuxergui and ran quickfix.cmd on the m2ts file and burned. All three causes the ps3 to stutter and display audio as dolby 112k. (no audio can be heard, but the video plays smooth for ~1 sec then stutters)

quickfix does not convert the hd-dvd dolby-digital plus into something that blu-ray players can understand. At least that I can get to work..

Or... the PS3 doesn't like dolby digital plus.

Arcsoft total media theater plays the files and or folder structures no problem. Shows up as dolby digital 1536k.

When burned... no worky...