View Single Post
Old 11th March 2011, 18:58   #13212  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I've been trying to figure out why ffdshow stops displaying subs after a while when used with LAV Splitter, but i have hit a wall. I was using a MKV with embedded VOB subs, and it did seem like every time there was a period of no subs being displayed (no talking), afterwards ffdshow would stop showing them, while the MPC-HC renderer happily continues. With the Gabest MKV Splitter, it works just fine.

What really puzzles me, however, is this: I used a Tee and a Dump filter and wrote the subtitle output of both the Gabest Splitter and of LAV Splitter into a file, including timestamps, flags and everything, and its perfectly identical. Unless ffdshow somehow has special handling when dealing with the Gabest MKV splitter, i don't know what the hell is going on.

I'll probably enhance the Dump filter somewhat to also write down commands like Flush and NewSegment, but i doubt that those are going over the stream mid-playback.

If anyone of you ffdshow guys has some more indeep knowledge of the subtitle code, i would appreciate any insight in the issue, as its really bugging me right now.