View Single Post
Old 28th January 2009, 04:08   #920  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I know that my daughter's PS3 plays all the BD-9 movie-only discs fine.... not sure why the skipping for you guys.

I know that GaPony has done around 40 or so and plays them on a PS3 as well... maybe he can shed some light for you guys as to why his and my daughters' plays fine while you guys are having issues??
I have a newer 80gb PS3 using system update 2.53. I don't see any reason that 2.60 would have any issues not found with 2.53 in regards to playing AVCHD.

On movies that have only one main video file, I have had pretty good luck with playing on my PS3. When I used version 0.17.13 I simply made a Movie Only copy, for a BD-9 disc, using normal priority and high quality settings. If the main audio file was LPCM, I deselected it and used the AC3 audio file instead. Once BD-Rebuilder got finished, I removed the AUXDATA folder from the BDMV folder and burned the disc with ImgBurn making sure to use UDF 2.5 output.

These same discs worked just fine in my Samsung BD-P2500 player, as well.

When 0.18.04 was released, I started using the "Stricter compliance for AVCHD" setting and didn't have to manually remove the AUXDATA folder anymore, but had a few movies that didn't want to cooperate, so I reprocessed them with 0.17.13 and they worked fine. I then tried them without the "Stricter compliance for AVCHD" setting and manually removed the AUXDATA folder and they also worked... I'm not sure what the deal is with that.. probably just a fluke on the failed ones.

I haven't had any luck with full movies or "Movie Only" jobs that have multiple .m2ts files unless I burn to a 25gb BD-RE. I'm not sure why. I've decided to leave those movies alone until we get further down the line with program updates.

So far as FFDShow settings... I use the default settings, with the exception that I enabled mpeg2, which is disabled by default. I also made sure AviSynth was enabled, but don't remember if it was or not as the default setting.

I use nothing but Verbatim DL media for my BD-9 burns and U se a Samsung SH-S202G and Samsung SH-223F for burning. I use an LG GGW-H20L for the original rip to hard drive with AnyDVD-HD. I don't try to process from the original disc, and I don't try doing it from an .ISO mounted to a virtual drive.

Hopefully, this will help some PS3 owners.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote