View Single Post
Old 20th June 2007, 23:29   #205  |  Link
homerpez

HEAVILY UPDATED TO REFLECT MY PROGRESS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@homerpez, currently eac3to only supports TrueHD inside of EVO containers. But if you can send me a little chunk of your Blu-Ray M2TS file (20MB should be enough), I may be able to add support for Blu-Ray TrueHD, too. Much depends on how the Nero filters behave. For sure you'll need the Nero HD-DVD/Blu-Ray plugin. You can try right now if things work by renaming GraphEdit.exe to "Recode.exe" and then using "File Source Async -> Nero Splitter -> Nero Audio Decoder -> Dump". Does that work?
I discovered an obscure way to decode this track, and it was similar to what you'd posted here, madishi. However, I still couldn't do anything with the True HD track or LCM streams demuxed... I found that running either the TrueHD or LPCM streams through EAC3toGUI, or tranzcode, or dtscore, would result in garbled output or no data at all.

But... just for kicks, I loaded up the .m2ts stream (instead of any demuxed stream) and connected to the Nero filters that way.

Filesource(Async) "0066.m2ts" --> Nero Splitter --> Nero Audio Decoder 2 (this must be what they call it in the Vista version of Nero Ultra)

I then connected the Nero Decoder to "Directshow device" audio renderer. I could then listen, and select which audio stream I wanted to decode using the Nero Splitter (it was stream "0" which I think is the LPCM).

Once found, I disconnected the audio renderer, saved the graph file, referenced it in an AVS file, and loaded it into BeHappy.

I encoded it into 5.1 ac3 format, and it sounds great. I think even the channels are mapped correctly.

Unfortunately, this method didn't use EAC3to... didn't need it... but a working solution is a working solution.

Also, I didn't need to rename Graphedit to anything else... it just simply worked as described. If it's repeatable, this seems a fairly simple way of accomplishing things.

Last edited by homerpez; 21st June 2007 at 06:56.