View Single Post
Old 7th August 2007, 00:09   #4  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

New mode planned for addition, will probably be named 'requires'. This will scan an input avs and return the packages needed.
Code:
C:\>avup.py requires test.avs
This script requires the following packages:
  removegrain: removegrain()
  masktools2: mt_lutxy(), mt_edge()
There are two tricky parts to it:
o detecting import()ed scripts, and those called which are autoloaded. This would just need every package found to be needed for the original file to be checked recursively for dependencies too.
o detecting plugins referenced with the plugin name prepended, ie dgdecode_mpeg2source(). Getting around this should be easy: if the full text of the filter doesn't match, try everything after the first underscore.

Quote:
Hopefully you'll get some support from the people who work on plugins...
Well, my wildest dreams involve new plugins being released along with the data required for addition into the avup repository Thankfully, it's pretty easy to actually write the metadata even if you aren't the author, so this isn't vital, just important.

Quote:
Could you create an AvsP version. That way people wouldn't have to download python if they have AvsP installed
There are two possible ideas from this
o Build a version that runs from avsp as a macro. Could be interesting, but I think it would be more flexible to build the backend as a standalone executable. You could always build a frontend into AvsP easily, which is probably the more flexible solution.
o Build a version that can use the avsp python libraries. I could, but there are a few problems that probably prevent this being useful. The first is that you need to hardcode the path to the libraries at packing time. This means everyone will need their own build.. and to build, you need python, which means you don't need a build. >_>
check is offline   Reply With Quote