View Single Post
Old 21st March 2007, 11:36   #204  |  Link
foxius

Quote:
Originally Posted by omion View Post
Does the agent show any errors? What's the CPU usage like when this happens?
I don't really remember. I think there was no error displayed on the agent computer. I'll check that next time.

Quote:
One problem that I have had is that if an agent stops doing anything without informing the controller that something's wrong, then the encoding will never finish. If you restart either the controller or agent it should complete, but there's not really a good answer right now. I have been trying to think of a nice, clean way to handle this since long before I released x264farm...
I think the controller has to "ping" the agents to get their status (I think you already do that to get the work progress). If it's stuck then you send a "restart" signal. The agents do their work in worker threads, so the main thread is always responsive.

Quote:
Well... I really don't think DELFIRST is related to the problem you're having. The DELFIRST condition is a product of the controller so doing something with the agents won't get anywhere.
But whenever that agent is stuck in a loop I see the DELFIRST message on the controller. I guess they're related in some way.

Quote:
As to what is causing the problem you're having, I don't really know. Is it doing it a lot, or was it just that one time? If multiple times, was it always the same agent that was having the problem?
I had it at least for each movie i recoded. For the last movie (harry potter, part 1) i had several DELFIRST & dead loops. It wasn't always the same agent.
foxius is offline   Reply With Quote