View Single Post
Old 28th December 2004, 00:50   #184  |  Link
Brother John
(schein)heilig

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurtnoise13
I think you misunderstood "Average bitrate" and "Nominal Bitrate" terms.
I know about the difference. For true VBR nominal bitrate is only a very rough estimation of resulting average bitrate. But ABR mode is designed to keep the variable distribution of bitrate and match the nominal bitrate as closely as possible.
My point is: When encoding true CBR, nominal and average bitrate should be exactly the same. Because if we leave things like bit reservoir out of the equation the encoder assigns the same amount of bits to every frame without considering audio complexity. That's the point of a constant bitrate, isn't it?
And that's why I can't believe (given oggenc and ogginfo report correct numbers) 129,794246 kbit to be cbr. If it were 128.1 or 127.9 maybe because of things like bit reservoir. A deviation of 1.7 kbit however, that's definitely too much.

I think m0rtal is right: Presently there is no way to actually encode cbr with Vorbis, so there's not much use for the option in BeLight at the moment.

Btw: Is there a tool that can show bitrate distribution for ogg vorbis files? That might help to clear things up.

When lost in BeSweet's options, have a look at the Commandline Reference.
DVD nach MPEG-4 klappt nicht? Verzweifelt? Auf zum Encodingwissen!
Brother John is offline   Reply With Quote