Thread: MkvSource (?)
View Single Post
Old 20th January 2004, 15:13   #3  |  Link
Tuesday

I agress, a mkvsource() would be very useful for editing .mkv files without using directshow, which in my experience can often create a whole host of seeking and sync problems (although these have been worked on recently afaik)

Although there is the possibilty that .mkv can contain variable frame rate i still have yet to come across one that does, and im sure it could be detected and a warning thrown up "Frame timing imformation has been discarded due to vfw restrictions" of similar.

It'd also need switches to select which streams etc to call from the .mkv file but im sure they wouldn't be too hard to implement for some of the talented coders here (Mosu, Sh0dan et al).

As for AVIsynth being only for avi, it can already handle several other formats, not least MPEG 1/2 and RealVideo via plugins, theres even been interest in a quicktime source plugin.

Plus from what i know both Matroska and AVIsynth developeers use this forum as a base for alot of their discussions so surely this filter would only be appropriate?
Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote