View Single Post
Old 19th December 2011, 15:18   #7  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Thank you markanini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markanini View Post
I had a look at the screenshot through 2.4 pure gamma calibrated 3DLUT and I agree a 32 black point looks more like intended. Keep in mind due to the sharpening inherent to the source, levels will exist outside of 32-235.
*kicks self for presenting an ambiguous example*

Quote:
Doing processing before mapping to 0-255 will make for a higher quality end result though, especially with some mt_convolution magic.
I am rather lost with mt_convolution. I just tried DeHalo_alpha at default settings, right before the LSFmod, and it did reduce the halos while softening the footage.

Quote:
EDIT: So you plan to recieve payment for this footage? A free download link to those that helped would be in order :P
I'll have to remind myself about the board rules...
I'm a YouTube partner so I receive a share of the revenue received when viewers click ads on or around my videos. Is this a strictly amateur forum? I didn't see anything on the board rules that forbids me participating. Only that spamming and advertising is forbidden. I am very happy indeed to credit those that help. What exactly do you mean by a "free download link"?
nhope is offline   Reply With Quote