View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2004, 21:42   #552  |  Link
karl_lillevold

kilg0r3: Maybe the reason you did not find constant quality in the docs is that it is called vbrQuality. In any case, here is an audience snippet showing what you need in the <videoStream> section:

<videoStream>
<pluginName type="string">rn-videocodec-realvideo</pluginName>
<codecName type="string">rv10</codecName>
<encodingComplexity type="string">high</encodingComplexity>
<encodingType type="string">vbrQuality</encodingType>
<quality type="uint">85</quality>

<maxStartupLatency type="double">60</maxStartupLatency>
<maxFrameRate type="double">30</maxFrameRate>
<maxKeyFrameInterval type="double">10</maxKeyFrameInterval>
<enableLossProtection type="bool">false</enableLossProtection>
</videoStream>

In this case, avgBitrate is ignored, but remember to set maxBitrate to a very large value (9999999999) so it does not affect the constant quality.

The settings in RealVideo that approximate the ones you mention for XviD, would be what I use for the 1st (reference) pass in the new 2-pass curve compression scheme, that is quantizers 6 and 10. The quality level that corresponds to this is 85.

My computer case is always closed.. What you see is the passive VGA heatsink sticking out. I wanted to make it as silent as possible, and installed a passive heatsink on the video card, i.e. one without a fan. This is very large, and did not fit inside the XPC (small form factor PC), so I had to make a hole in the case for it